Running a generator? Beware of carbon monoxide poisoning
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. — As of 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning, 1,040 Florida Power and Light customers in Charlotte County are without power.
If you’re running a generator or running your car in your garage to charge your phone today, be aware of the dangers of a silent killer — carbon monoxide.
For those using a portable generator, be sure to keep it 20-feet away from your home. Also, try to keep it as dry as possible using a tarp or tent to avoid electrocution.
If you need to refuel your generator, remember to turn it off first.
The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are easy to dismiss — they may make you feel like you’ve come down with the flu: headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion.
Breathing in a lot of carbon monoxide can be deadly.
Using carbon monoxide detectors is recommended. If they go off, don’t ignore them. Get outside and breathe fresh air immediately.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to administer first aid to someone who might fall victim to carbon monoxide poisoning.
The post Running a generator? Beware of carbon monoxide poisoning appeared first on NBC2 News.NBC2 (WBBH-TV)
#mortgagenaples, #naplesmortgage, #naplesnews, *Top News, Carbon monoxide, generator, Health, Local, News, tropical storm elsa